Wednesday, December 24, 2008

home, and the idea of missing it...

So it's Christmas Eve, my daughter's playing in her bouncer behind me, and I'm really bummed that I can't be home with my parents (her grandparents), my gram (her great-gram), my sister and brother, and other assorted family creatures and friends etc.... We are spending it with my in-laws, who see my daughter almost weekly as it is. Not fair but that's what we get when my family is 600 miles away in one direction, with another faction of my family 500 miles the other way.

So here's two songs about home, missing it, a sense that I'm not there and it being a long way away.





















R.E.M. - Good Advices
(from the classic 1985 IRS LP Fables Of The Reconstruction)

-------------------------------------------------




RIDE - OX4
(edited by me, from the 1992 Creation LP Going Blank Again)

1 comment:

  1. Not quite the theme you're going for here, but if you've never heard RIDE's "Grasshopper" you don't know what you're missing...by the way, kudos on spelling their name in all caps. I hate it when people miss that nuance!

    http://thesmokingcupcake.com/for-heavy-rotation/ride-grasshopper/

    The Smoking Cupcake

    ReplyDelete